-->

Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Round-Up

With each passing week, it's more evident that Spring is on the way.. but where was our winter?! While my Texan body is happy for the reprieve from the intense cold we normally have, I'm also a bit disappointed. But now I get to enjoy warmer days and the quick-approaching Easter break when I get to go home for a week!
Here's to ice cream and picnics and summer breezes:)


Finally a totally positive tale- my summer adventures! Read them over at Andrea's blog.


It's lovely to have local farmlife:) 2 horses, 7 donkeys, and 3 cows.



You couldn't relive your life, skipping the awful parts, without losing what made it worthwhile. You had to accept it as a whole--like the world, or the person you loved. 
-Stewart O'Nan

There are some dramatic changes going on in my life right now that sometimes make me want to just go home, but then I remind myself that I've been through worse and I just have to stay strong. When time goes on, the troubles I have now will become insignificant and I will be all the stronger for them. I have the support of many friends and family, and just the thought of that makes me laugh and cry with joy. I know God is watching over me and will deliver me as he has before; I need only to trust him.



 Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle, #4)Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at WarTwenty in Paris: A Young American Perspective of Studying Abroad in Paris

Inheritance: I'm becoming addicted to my audiobooks! I can't believe I've been commuting in Geneva for months without having listened to them before. This is definitely one of my favorite series, and listening brings it to life.

Duty: I will not fall asleep. I will not fall asleep.

Twenty in Paris: I'm doing a read&review for Andrea, on whose blog I post once a week. I also got to read the first half of her soon-to-publish sequel, which was an honest look into the experience of studying abroad. I definitely think this book is the first of its kind, as it explores both the technical and emotional aspects of studying abroad, which I have yet to see on the market. It's a must-read for those young people looking to travel abroad for 3 or more months.


No comments:

Post a Comment