-->

Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday Round-Up

My school finally started back this week! And this semester, half of my classes are with native French speakers in a bachelors program, so I get a bit more diversity. Those upper classes are mostly about the science of learning and teaching languages, so it falls perfectly into my interests in linguistics!


Here's this week's post on Andrea's blog. It covers the last bit of my first year abroad in France:)


I went to Lucerne last weekend and I fell in love with their old town. Most of the buildings had murals like this, the streets were clean, there's a lovely historic bridge, there's the famous Lion Monument memorializing the Swiss Army's deaths in the French Revolution, and of course, there's a great view of the Alps. If only I could speak Swiss German, I would be tempted to move there! It will now be a favorite vacation spot:)



"Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book."

John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

I just finished this book a few days ago, and a quote from it perfectly sums up how I feel about it! It was amazing and it's a book that I will have to revisit regularly.




Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at WarInheritance (The Inheritance Cycle, #4)

Duty- I'll finish this one eventually... lolz.

Inheritance- Finally on the last book of this series! Ah! This is one of my favorite series, but for some reason never got around to finishing it when the final two books came out years ago. There's nothing like a good fantasy to distract you from reality:)


No comments:

Post a Comment