-->

Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Round-Up

Hello, all! This is my first Friday Round-Up, where I'll be gathering all the little things I'm currently working on. Since I'll have a weekly guest post on twentyinparis.net, I'll be including a link to that each Friday. In addition, I'll post my favorite Instagram picture of the week, a quote that applies to my current musings, and what books I'm currently reading. And when applicable, I'll update on completed 101 in 1001 items.

Have a great weekend, folks!

In case you missed it, here's my first guest post on Andrea's blog for her book! It's the first in a series summarizing my time abroad so far. There will be a new post every Thursday:)



Gorgeous clouds over a local school and church




Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

I'm connecting with this quote this week because of all of my reflecting back on my time so far as an au pair and living abroad. It's a good way to remember what my dreams were when I first came here and what I still need to do to accomplish them. Big dreams carried me all the way to France, and I can't wait to see where they carry me next.




Brisingr  (The Inheritance Cycle, #3)Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War

Brisingr- I'm actually listening to this one via Audible, as my commutes into Geneva are at least 30 minutes, so it gives me lots of time to read by ear. It's a slightly different experience to listen to a book rather than read it, which has its pros and cons, but a great joy overall. I'll be done with this installment soon, and then be on to the fourth and final book! I started this series when Eragon first came out, so I'm glad to finally get around to finishing it.

Duty- As part of my effort to finally be a news-reading adult (more on that goal next week with a 101 in 1001 update), I started this political memoir. I'm definitely learning a lot, with the main lesson being that no matter what the media reports, the real story of how the inner government deals with war is much more complicated than any of us realize.


No comments:

Post a Comment