-->

Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday Round-Up

This week has been crazy for me and it won't slow down next week, either! At least all the stuff I'm busy with is forcing me to practice my conversational and presentation-making French skills:) Spring went back to bed this past week and let Winter come out again to play, but it looks like it may be for the last time. Come on, Spring! I believe in you!



This week on Andrea's blog, I responded to her post on safety with my own anecdotes on staying aware while in a new city in a foreign country.







Truth which is merely told is quick to be forgotten; truth which is discovered lasts a lifetime.

-William Barclay

Man, is this true. I think I've finally learned my lesson on being on time to events rather than constantly five minutes late, but it's still a work in progress. And now I'm really learning how important it is to not procrastinate! Even discovering these banal facts of life is an eye-opener and it will stick with me, haha!




The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter #1)Spy Killer (Stories from the Golden Age)

The Hangman's Daughter- I just finished this one this morning. While it wasn't a super compelling mystery, I really enjoyed the historical side of it and the characters were lovely. Don't expect a seat-gripping thriller, but it's worth the read. (And no, the plot is not actually about the hangman's daughter, haha)

Spy Killer- This is an old pulp fiction novella from 1936 next up on my audiobook list that I'll start this afternoon. I'm interested to see what that genre was like!



No comments:

Post a Comment