-->

Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Round-Up

Happy Friday! I have a bit more free time this week and next, so I'm trying to be as productive as possible. Anyone have any tips or tricks for me? My best method so far has been my 101 in 1001 list, as it's keeping me focus on big goals. But I still have trouble with the little stuff;)


Here's this week's post on Andrea's blog, recounting my second host family and transitions. 
And I'm never short on the au pair drama;)



I may soon be leaving this family, and I'll miss "my" two girls.
But everything will turn out for the better, and I'll look back on
my photos of them and smile.



Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice 
at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Sometimes my own personality comes back to bite me, but I've also come to appreciate my tendancy to be silent and I try to make sure I don't change that about myself too much. Sometimes there's silence because nothing needs to be said, and sometimes silence is actually full of a thousand words stampeding across the mind, begging to be heard. But there's a beauty in it either way.



And Then the Roof Caved In: How Wall Street's Greed and Stupidity Brought Capitalism to Its KneesDuty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War

And Then The Roof Caved In: I just started this one as an audiobook. I've read some reviews that say it's not as good as other books on the financial crisis, but with its short length, I think it will be a good intro for me. I've only recently gotten into reading the news, so I feel like I need to go back and catch up on how we got to where we are today.

Duty: I haven't read a page of this in probably 2 weeks. However, I have more free time this week and next with the girls being on vacation, so I hope to finish this one off once and for all. I'm learning persistence here:)

No comments:

Post a Comment