-->

Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Round-Up

Happy Friday! I have a lot of work to do this weekend! I hope y'all get to relax, but good luck on your projects if you're keeping busy!


In this week's guest post, I wrote a response to another guest's article on why it's important to study/travel abroad while you're young. I think this initiative is so important for young people everywhere!





I still get very high and very low in life. Daily. But I’ve finally accepted the fact that sensitive is just how I was made, that I don’t have to hide it and I don’t have to fix it. I’m not broken. 

-Glennon Doyle Melton

This is kinda going back to my quote about courage last week and how courage can mean being silent. I still often consider my quiet attitude as a weakness, but it's also just me. While "reading" Gone Girl this week, a character made a comment about how the main character is probably the "baby" of the family because he waits for instruction before taking action on anything; I think that's a lot like me, since I'm the baby. Part of me accepts that and part of me acts against it. But then again, I would guess most of us have that daily inner struggle of who exactly we want to be in life, and with what kind of personality.



Gone Girl

Gone Girl- I just started listening to this one, and my sister told me she hated it, so I'm curious to see why. I prefer to not have bad feelings against books for some reason, but it happens. I think the only time I've been passionately angry with a book was when Dolores Umbridge in HP was being nasty:) I almost defaced the book! And I've only read one book that I rated a generous two stars because it was so boring. We'll see how this one goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment