-->

Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bienvenue!

Bonjour, mes amis!

My name is Chelsea Fairless, and I'm going to France to be an Au Pair! This shall be my blog about my adventures in France, and I hope you enjoy it! See my "About Me" page for a short biography and basic info.

When am I going to France, you ask?
Departure: August 26, with 2 flights. 1) Flight from DFW @9:25pm to London (+6 hours: Time zone change to Greenwich Mean) @12:25pm (9hr flight). 2) Flight from London @3:25pm to Geneva (+1 hour: Time zone change to CET) @6pm (1:35 flight duration).

I will be developing regular features for my blog so that every post is not like a journal entry. These features may not be consistent within the first few weeks as I settle in, so be patient with me! Features to look for:
  • Beautiful Mondays - Photographs or anecdotes about everyday beautiful things that are commonly overlooked. This will focus on the subtleties of French life.
  • Word Wednesdays - As I progress in my French language skills, I'll talk about funny, ironic, misleading, confusing, etc., words and phrases.
  • Food Fridays - I will post about my favorite French foods and give a recipe if it's something I made or helped to make!
  • Photo an Hour - (I got this idea from theperfectpearpair.blogspot.com) For my traveling days, I will have a journal entry via a photograph for each hour of the day and what I was doing during that hour.
  • Quote of the Day - I will post a quote or verse of scripture that I feel is relevant to my current activities and/or emotions, perhaps with every blog post.
To read all the posts on a particular feature, you can search it by title, click on the label link, and for the MWF features there is a link at the top of the page to read them all.

I will go ahead and start doing some of the above features before going to France about my life here at home so that you can get to know me and my blog.

Please let me know if there's something in particular you would like me to post about and/or if you see something on my blog that needs to be fixed! I'm open to any and all suggestions!

You can follow my blog through the Followers section with an account from one of the following: Blogger, Google, Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut, or Plaxo. You can also follow me through bloglovin' or by email if you don't have an account with one of the previous sites.

Also, today is my beautiful mother's birthday!!! I love you Mama, and I appreciate everything you have done for me!!! I love you!!!

Thanks for taking the time to follow my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Great article! That is the type of information that are meant to be shared across the web.
    Shame on the seek engines for no longer positioning this put up upper!
    Come on over and discuss with my site . Thanks =)

    Look at my web-site; Chaussure Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete