-->

Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Beautiful Mondays >> Tour My House

For my first Beautiful Mondays post, I've decided to show you some of my favorite things and places around the house I've grown up in since I was five.


This may seem an odd choice, as most people want to hide the fact that their house has foundation cracks. Well, this crack is a bit special to me, as it may have been the source of my first philosophical musings. When I was little and couldn't sleep, I would stare up at this crack and ponder on it with ideas like: how walls are built, why they would crack, who builds walls, etc. But my mind would eventually wander to metaphorical cracks- cracks in relationships, in families, etc., so that I would think about how all kinds of things were built and how they did or didn't stay together. Maybe I'm crazy, but I like to think that anything can be beautiful, even a seemingly ugly foundation crack.



This is one of my mother's paintings, which hangs at the top of our stairs. She always says that she can't draw/that she's not an artist, etc, but I point to one of her paintings and say, "Seriously? Then what's that?" I love to think of my parents in terms of what makes them an individual and not just what makes them a parent. My favorite part of this painting is the fact that the mountains have no reflection in the water; there's just something fun and quirky about the mistake. :)



Ah, this is just a bush, you say? But alas, this is no ordinary bush! This is a jungle! When I was little, I found a way to crawl through this bush from one side to the other, and eventually did so so often that I made a little path through it. Therefore, this bush will always be magical to me, as I conjured up endless possibilities for where I was traveling when I walked through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment