-->

Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Link Love

I don't keep a public list of blogs that I follow on my blog, so I thought I would share with you the blogs I love to read regularly! There are lots of blogs I check out in my free time, but these are the blogs I spend the most time reading, as they have gained my regular support with their unique rhythm.



I love Today's Letters because they are so uplifting and they have such an interesting way of life. This couple raises their own chickens and bees, builds their own furniture, takes fishing and camping trips, and much more. They write letters to each other and others to express wonder and thanks, and they share how they keep their marriage strong. The blog posts are short and sweet, so it's always a little one-minute joy when I receive one in my inbox.



Lil Blue Boo is lots of fun because she talks about absolutely everything. Up until her currently ongoing move, she had her own clothing business for girls, and she still has her own "Choose Joy" line and patterns/templates for everything, so her blog is primarily for DIY. But she also posts about travels, childhood memories, stories of faith, and fun finds. With the new changes going on for her, she's sure to have some amazing things to share, and she knows how to tell a good story.



Don't worry- I'm not thinking of my own children for years to come! But I love this blog because Ms. Chicken (aka Amy Morrison) is absolutely hilarious. It doesn't matter what she's writing about, she makes it funny. And hey, if I'm learning things I can use in the future, why not? (btw, I feel bad for all mothers who were pregnant before the last few years, because there are some crazy amazing sites and apps for new mothers now)



Fluent in 3 Months, by the quirky Benny the Irish Polyglot, is my go-to source for language-learning tips and motivation. He has a vast knowledge of languages and countries, and of course, friends around the world who also weigh in with interesting advice. If you have a question about learning languages, you can be sure he's covered it, or you can email and ask him to!



I only recently learned about Twenty in Paris, and I started guest blogging for her at the same time! Andrea has priceless advice for young people traveling abroad, and she has great connections with guest bloggers and interviewees to make this site a rich resource for study abroad opinion. This was exactly what I could have used before going abroad myself, so her efforts are definitely in need.


Marie was a relatively unknown blogger writing about her family and her faith for her friends, but her blog exploded in popularity when she and her daughters were present during the Aurora shooting in 2012. She wrote a post about why she still thought God was a merciful God even when she feared for her and her daughters' lives in that theatre, and it naturally got an enormous response from thousands upon thousands of people. I love her because she always remains brutally honest about herself, and she always tries to be optimistic, helped by her faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment