-->

Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Link Love

I've read some really good articles recently on a variety of subjects which pertain to the content I normally talk about, so I thought y'all might enjoy them, too:)


First off, some writing tips from F. Scott Fitzgerald through two of his letters, posted in this article. Golden.


Shannon Hale
Secondly, some interesting thoughts from a great YA author on writing from the perspective of other races.


460290991

Here's a fun and short language quiz with some slightly obscure, but interesting questions. Let me know how you do! (Thanks to my sis for sending this one to me)



If you didn't do so well on the quiz and need some language motivation, Itchy Feet artist Malachi Rempen wrote this piece on keeping motivated:) (And I seriously suggest avidly reading all his comics one day when you're looking for something to procrastinate with. They're hilarious.)



As a follow-up, here are five reasons why learning languages is good for your brain!



One of my favorite bloggers told the story about how her little dog was lost and found this week, and how it helped her faith in the process. Isn't he just precious?!



So, I like to be prepared for things, even if they won't happen for years to come... which is why I enjoy reading marriage and baby advice even when I won't be ready for that stuff for quite awhile. Yeah, I'm weird. Anyway. I've read several blog posts about how to keep a marriage strong, and this article had some good advice I hadn't heard before, so it's worth checking out. And it can obviously be applied to any relationship!



No comments:

Post a Comment