-->

Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Picture Perfect

I know I need to write a proper post, but some pictures will have to do for the moment! :) They're not the best quality since I took them with my iPhone, but oh well. I need to take some pics with my camera and check the quality difference.

(You should be able to click on these pics to make them a little larger.)


*drumroll* Mont Blanc! The view from the upstairs bathroom:

A bit closer...

A view from the living room, also the Alps- to the right of Mont Blanc.

The Jura Mountains are on the other side of the house and much closer, but I haven't gotten around to taking pictures yet... I'm really slacking... :)


The Château de Vesancy (a nearby town that is even smaller than Gex, and pronounced Vay-zahn-see): Front:

Back:

Cool slit window, view from inside:

A little hallway opening to an original stairwell with a gate at the bottom:
The tour guide wouldn't let us go all the way up to the top of the tower because "it's just the empty, old, original part and there's nothing to see." That's what I came to see! Bah! So we saw the renovated part of the "castle" that they use for the town hall and weddings, but it really wasn't very interesting at all.

This is carved into a little underpass street in Vesancy. I don't know what it means, but if it was carved in 1734... omg. I love old stuff.


And here is the church of Vesancy, almost directly next to the Château.




A pump organ!!! And it looks like it's still in use!

It seems that the churches will have a plaque of those who died in both world wars from the town. Very interesting.


I also have a few good pictures from Geneva, but I'm going to put those in a proper post for you!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the pics! I love historical places like that. It looks so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! There's a city called Carcassonne that's walled and has a castle in the center, and I really want to go there!

      Delete
  2. Are you going to climb Mont Blanc? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't know! I think they might do hot air balloon tours of it, so maybe I can at least do that!

      Delete