-->

Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Jura Mountains

Here is a "scrolling" stream, left to right, of the Jura Mountain skyline just behind where I live.




Now for my house location! Right in the middle of this picture there is a pink house, and our house is the white one directly behind it. See the next picture for a closer shot.


So, now you can see that I live right at the base of the Jura Mountains! There is an au pair who lives on one of the roads that goes up the mountains.

I went hiking in the Jura Mountains today, and took these pictures at the highest point I reached, probably about halfway up the mountain. Here is another "scrolling" image, left to right.




In that second picture, you can actually see Geneva, which is evident by the fountain on the lake. Towards the left of the picture and in the middle of the shot, there is a white smudge- that's the fountain that sprays hundreds of feet high. Aha, the fountain has it's own Wikipedia page! It's 459 feet high!


And now for a surprise!!!

I will be leaving Thursday night to go with the family to a suburb of Paris where my host mother's family lives and will be returning on Monday, as the mother's nephew is getting christened on Sunday. So... I get to spend Sunday and hopefully part of Saturday in Paris!!! I'm so excited! I will definitely take lots of pictures! Claire's host father has been kind enough to make a tour plan for me, as he said he would be a tour guide if he didn't work for the UN, so I will hopefully be able to see quite a bit in a short amount of time.

I also have my little trip to Geneva to tell yall about, so I've got some exciting stuff coming up! Wish me luck in not getting lost in Paris!



No comments:

Post a Comment